Today we are going to talk about some lesser-known facts about men’s health.
I think women’s health issues and concerns, especially about hormonal disturbances, are commonly discussed. But there are many issues about men’s health which are not discussed so often. So today we will speak about Mens Menopause.
Men’s Menopause ( Andropause) – This is something similar to menopause in women.
- The testosterone hormonal which is responsible for reproductive functions in men starts decreasing.
- The effects of this are not as well known and documented as menopause in a female.
- They may vary depending on the changes in testosterone levels.
- The symptoms of andropause appear more slowly and subtly and less severely than in menopause in women.
- The decrease in the levels of the male hormone, or testosterone, is less severe than the drop in hormone levels for women throughout menopause.
- This occurs around the age of 40 and onwards.
Signs and symptoms:
- Hot flashes
- Fat build-up around the abdomen and the chest
- Loss of muscle mass
- Dry, thin skin
- Changes in the behaviour pattern, irritability,
- Excessive sweating
- Decreased Libido
- Erectile Dysfunctions.
- Depressed Behaviour
- Lack of exercise
- Alcohol consumption
- Lack of sleep
-The diagnosis of this condition is difficult. Still, research is needed to get the full spectrum of the andropause.
- Awareness about the condition
- Taking personal care
- Support from the spouse
- Stress and relaxation methods
- Good sleep
- Healthy diet
So next time you see any male with the above symptoms it could be the hormonal changes happening in his body the same as in women.
For any health concerns do reach out to us.