Eyes Health and Kids
My daughter had some eye allergy when we were travelling to India. When we got it checked by the ophthalmologist she said it's allergy. After complete eye check up we came to know she needs glasses for far vision. I was wondering why we couldn't know about this problem early. She never complained of any eye symptoms.
I had got her eye check up done before 6 months in Melbourne. We realized as in Melbourne we don't have black board reading and writing from far distance. It's mostly on Ipads / Laptops so this problem was never seen.
Let's talk today about -
Eye complaints in Children.
- Eye allergies ( Conjunctivitis) This is the commonest problem kids have.
- Redness of eyes
- Itching of eyes
- Dryness of eyes
- Farsightedness( Hyperopia)
- Nearsightedness ( Myopia)
Causes of eye problems-
- Deficiency Vit A ,E, B12.
- Due to dust.
- Strain on eyes due to screen time.
- Eye infections.
- Hay fevers etc.
Precautions to be taken -
- Eat well
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non meat protein sources
- Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
- Oysters and pork
- If your eyes are dry, blink more.
- Rest your eyes every 20 minutes. Look 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Get up at least every 2 hours and take a 15-minute break.
- The role of food rich in antioxidants is very important as it protects eyes against the free radicals.
The Importance of Eye Exams-
Due to the increase in screen time we should consult an ophthalmologist every year for the thorough kids eye check up.
Even if your pediatrician doesn’t see a problem, there may be other signs that your child needs a more thorough eye exam
Some of the indications can be as follows
- Poor school performance.
- Not wanting to go to school.
- Difficulty paying attention.
- Difficulty when reading and writing.
- Trouble seeing information on the chalkboard.
- Blurry or double vision.
- Headaches or eye pain.
- Taking longer than normal to complete homework.
Eyes are the most beautiful gift through which we can enjoy and cherish this beautiful world around us.
Take GOOD care of your eye.
For any of your Health Concerns and Well-being do contact me at HOMOEOPATHY WELLNESS.
All content and media on the Homoeopathywellness Website is created and published online for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice.